Photobucket'>http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/blog/?action=view&current=smallad.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket'>http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/blog/smallad.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

About Me

Married to my soulmate with 2 beautiful girls,and our English Springer Spaniel, Suki. Living a country life in Cambridgeshire, whilst baking, gardening, and photographing our daily lifes, where they find a place on my scrapbook pages.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0103-1.jpg

My little place on the web

This blog is just that, my little place on the web.You will find my daily (or not so daily, hehe)life, my love for my new vegetable garden, baking, photography and my scrapbooking!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0094.jpg?t=1280148371

My Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking is a way of life for me now.It has been for over 4 years. I love journaling, taking photos of my family and love colour and texture, these are all part of my everyday life and scrapbooking.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0025.jpg?t=1280148242

Sushi and Baking

blogged by me domestic goddess On 6/28/2007 04:35:00 PM
two of my favourite things that don't use paper!!
Well i say that but i have photographed both as you can see, and I will scrap both, lol .
My favourite food of all time is Japanese. I was lucky to have been introduced to the finest Japaneses food in Hong Kong when i was working out there. I was on a business dinner and we went for Japanese, i have been hooked ever since. Peter and I make sushi for dinner parties, not that we have many now!!! but it has been known. Also when in LA i took myself to a Japanese bar for lunch in Santa Monica and my dishes were mouthwatering and an art form. That's what I love about Japanese food and Sushi in particular, it is art on a plate!

I have a real fond love for all things Asian. Having lived in Honk Kong for 4 years I got a real taste for all things Asian. My favourite Interior Designer is Kelly Hoppen, East Meets West fame. My decor is very influenced by her style. I collect Japanese and Chinese artefact's and have a beautiful collection of Netsukes

(The art of Netsuke is a form of miniature sculpture which developed in Japan over a period of more than 300 years. Netsuke were both practical and decorative. The traditional form of Japanese dress, had no pockets. Men suspended their tobacco pouches, pipes, purses or writing implements, on a silk cord, from their obi (sash). These hanging objects are called sagemono. To stop the cord from slipping through the obi, a small toggle was attached. The toggle is called Netsuke.)

My other love is Kimonos, and i have a beautiful silk Kimono that used to hang on the wall in our old house, unfortunately It is folded away at the moment waiting for a new home!


Today's collection is Momiji dolls. I adore these little beauties, and have a few in my collection now. I have a mini book all planed as Izzy has done some beautiful drawings of them also that i want to add to my mini book, AND i have just purchased Momiji stickers!!! I never thought I would be using stickers on anything i scrapped but these little finds will be scrapped!!
Back to the Baking. Lilly and i baked some cupcakes this afternoon and I turned a few of them into mini Victoria Sponges. How cute are these.


I am off to get my girls ready for swimming, well Izzy only as Lilly still has her ear infection , poor thing. And then home to make traditional Uganda dress!!!!!! Don't ask.................


Hugs

Anna xx

2 Response to 'Sushi and Baking'

  1. suebaru Said,
    http://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2007/06/sushi-and-baking.html?showComment=1183065360000#c6242240474763342432'> 10:16 PM

    Aw, look at your little helper! Hope her ear gets better soon !

     

  2. Sandie Said,
    http://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2007/06/sushi-and-baking.html?showComment=1183112160000#c1028017696815908561'> 11:16 AM

    WOW Anna, you put me to shame, you are a Domestic Goddess!! Those cakes look fab!