Photobucket'>http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/blog/?action=view&current=smallad.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket'>http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/blog/smallad.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

About Me

Married to my soulmate with 2 beautiful girls,and our English Springer Spaniel, Suki. Living a country life in Cambridgeshire, whilst baking, gardening, and photographing our daily lifes, where they find a place on my scrapbook pages.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0103-1.jpg

My little place on the web

This blog is just that, my little place on the web.You will find my daily (or not so daily, hehe)life, my love for my new vegetable garden, baking, photography and my scrapbooking!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0094.jpg?t=1280148371

My Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking is a way of life for me now.It has been for over 4 years. I love journaling, taking photos of my family and love colour and texture, these are all part of my everyday life and scrapbooking.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0025.jpg?t=1280148242

Felt Decorations

blogged by me domestic goddess On 12/13/2008 04:45:00 PM
Firstly, thank you for all your lovely comments. We are just waiting. The news an hour ago was Uncle was deteriorating, Peter wants me to stay at home tonight and not make the visit. He is not responding and Peter says I will be too upset, I am best having good memories of how he looked, so hard isn't it.

Beware this will be a long post, I have lost to catch up on!
What should have been posted yesterday, was a quick tutorial for some felt Christmas tree decorations. These are so easy to make. Izzy even joined me in the fun!

So lets grab our supplies...



Felt in various colours
Co ordinating embroidery thread
buttons
sequins
ribbon
stuffing!
cookie cutters in Christmas shapes
paper
pencil
needle


Lets start making...







  • First trace your cookie shape into paper and add about 1/2" around the edge
  • Now using your paper pattern to cut out 2 felt shapes per decoration







  • I used a simple over stitch to sew my 2 pieces together. Before you sew the pieces together completely you need to stuff your shape and add your ribbon so that you can hang onto your tree







  • Now start to decorate your shape with buttons, sequins and ribbon.




  • Once you are finished go hang your decoration on your tree and sit back and enjoy!



And the black one is Izzys!

I saw a felt tree that had a piece of doweling sewn into the bottom and then this was put into a small pot. They did look awfully sweet! See my topiary tree instructions , but why not add a felt tree to your pot.

Thursday say the girls Nativity play. My favourite school production of the year, and one that leaves slightly teary eyed, this years was no exception. Izzy was Mary for her years production, and Lilly was in the band.



Yesterday we managed to decorate the house for Christmas. This did take our minds of the awful news we were having to deal with. The girls helped loads this year. Izzy did my Angel display and also the Santa display on the telephone table. Both the girls helped decorate the tree. And as is tradition, we listened to Nat and Dean crooning to us whilst we decorated.



Love this photo, although poor quality, due to a high ISO, you can see the girls decorating the tree!





caught on camera, Lilly kissing her reflection!


Today, I have been finishing of Christmas Cards, whilst the girls went shopping with Peter for what I do believe is my birthday pressies. Peter also came home with a new Reindeer for me, and she is so beautiful. i will take a photo tomorrow and share. Last year he bought me a leather Reindeer, which I actually have out all year
This afternoon we watched a favourite Christmas movie, The Muppet's Christmas Carol, which now moves me onto my Five Fav Friday Christmas Movies.

1. Its a Wonderful Life - has to be watched every Christmas Eve, and a bucket full of tears will be shed once again!
2. The Muppet's Christmas Carol - a classic!
3. Polar Express - if you need convincing that Santa still exists, this is the movie, I so love the Santa scene
4. Holiday - thanks to Sue who introduced me to this movie, a girlie classic
5. A Nightmare before Christmas - amazing animation
so thats it for me today, its my birthday tomorrow and I am off to a Princess party and watch a good friend of ours play in his Brass Band, Disney classics!!

Before I go you must check out Graphic 45's blog, as Bad Girls are the featured artisit this weekend, and I am first up *grins*

Until tomorrow
Hugs, especially to those that need it

Anna xx
RIP Uncle Norman, a very loved man who will be sorely missed xxxx

6 Response to 'Felt Decorations'

  1. suebaru Said,
    http://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2008/12/felt-decorations.html?showComment=1229190840000#c5872627235084484257'> 5:54 PM

    We are watching Muppet Christmas Carol at the moment!Thinking of you xx

     

  2. Sara Said,
    http://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2008/12/felt-decorations.html?showComment=1229198520000#c4055315516794765200'> 8:02 PM

    We watched Muppet Christmas Carol and I watched The Holiday this afternoon - great films! Hope you have a fantastic birthday tomorrow hun xx

     

  3. Dawn Said,
    http://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2008/12/felt-decorations.html?showComment=1229247360000#c4693082566382333054'> 9:36 AM

    Good morning Anna, I know this is a time of many emotions for you but just want to let you know that I'm wrapping my arms around you and sending you a very big hug.
    Wishing a Happy Birthday and will be thinking of you later this week.

    Dawn x

     

  4. Sandie Said,
    http://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2008/12/felt-decorations.html?showComment=1229279400000#c3146444415310239560'> 6:30 PM

    I just love those felt decorations, I really want to try those! Have a wonderful birthday hunny, and sending hugs to both you and Peter at this really sad time xxxx

     

  5. Sarah Said,
    http://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2008/12/felt-decorations.html?showComment=1229295720000#c1904867264853580811'> 11:02 PM

    Sending you and Peter and the family some ((((hugs)))) - thinking of you xxxx

     

  6. Anonymous Said,
    http://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2008/12/felt-decorations.html?showComment=1229353200000#c8318479532071184724'> 3:00 PM

    We watched the Muppet Christmas Carol last night too - one of my favourites and has to be watched at Christmas, along with Scrooged starring Bill Murray, which always makes me cry.

    So sorry to hear your sad news. I am thinking of you and send (((hugs))).

    Hope you can enjoy your birthday.
    Best wishes