Photobucket'>http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/blog/?action=view&current=smallad.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket'>http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/blog/smallad.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

About Me

Married to my soulmate with 2 beautiful girls,and our English Springer Spaniel, Suki. Living a country life in Cambridgeshire, whilst baking, gardening, and photographing our daily lifes, where they find a place on my scrapbook pages.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0103-1.jpg

My little place on the web

This blog is just that, my little place on the web.You will find my daily (or not so daily, hehe)life, my love for my new vegetable garden, baking, photography and my scrapbooking!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0094.jpg?t=1280148371

My Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking is a way of life for me now.It has been for over 4 years. I love journaling, taking photos of my family and love colour and texture, these are all part of my everyday life and scrapbooking.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0025.jpg?t=1280148242

Crafty Friday

blogged by me domestic goddess On 8/13/2010 12:12:00 PM
In our garden we love to grow as many veggies as we can.

The girls Lilly enjoy's planting the seeds, she then can see the seeds grow into something she recognizes, the girls then pick said veggie, and I cook and present on a plate for them to enjoy!
So you may see many a recipe on here over the coming months, from our veggie garden and the fruit in abundance that surrounds us in the fields; apples, plums, blackberries and sloes.



At the moment we have an a lovely selection of green beans, cos lettuce, green chillis and beetroot. Waiting on the tomatoes to turn red and potatoes to be ready. We also have an impressive herb garden; oregano. basil, coriander, mint, parsley and chives
I will be preparing the patches for more lettuce and some purple sprouting broccoli soon.

Our neighbours are organic gardeners also, and handed me a huge, and I mean HUGE marrow. My lot looked at it as if it had landed from Mars! "What is that large green torpedo shaped thing Mum?"

So a stuffed marrow was not on the menu, instead I opted for a chutney; will be perfect on the Boxing Day table! Well thats if it is still around by then!
 
Ingredients:
 
1kg Marrow, peeled, deseeded and chopped into 2cm chunks
750g preserving sugar
juice and rind of 1 1/2 lemons
1 chilli sliced in half
5cm piece of ginger peeled and chopped in half
 
Method :



  • Peel, dessed and cut marrow into 2cm chunks. Place into a large bowl and cover with 250g of the sugar. Cover and leave overnight.

  • Place the marrow and all the juice into a large pan and add the rest of the sugar to the pan.

  • Take half a new Jcloth or piece of muslin, and add the lemon rind, chilli and ginger.
  • Tie with string and place into the pop with the lemon juice.

  • Bring the pan to the boil and keep boiling until the jam is at setting point; about 45 minutes. I used a food themometer to check that my pan was at the correct boiling point for jam. (120c)

  • Pour/spoon chutney into sterilized jars, leave to cool before placing the lids on. ( to sterilize your jars, place into the oven at 100c for about 10 minutes)

  • The chutney will improve with age! But who is gonna wait and find out, LOL
My chutney is definitley on the chunky side but I rather like the rustic chunks. The marrow chunks do settle. Don't you just love the golden colour with specks of chilli.

Next lets decorate with some vintage style tags.



I have designed a set of tags and recipe cards for you to download for FREE. All you need to do is print them onto white card or use on your next digi project as I have supplied images as both jpeg and psd.

And now for a fantastic giveaway from CPS Stores in America. CPS Stores have a huge range of Dutch Ovens or what I call casserole dishes which is where my money would go if I was allowed to enter LOL. I strongly suggest you have a good browse around their cook shop, because you could be the 1 lucky reader who wins an $80 gift voucher from CPS Stores! This is open to everyone .You will have to pay shipping if you are outside of the US though. Use the voucher in part payment or full payment towards your choice of product.
All I ask of you is to leave a comment for me, and post a link to this post on your blog, and why not spread the word about Crafty Fridays as well!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your chutney!
Anna x

Comments close on 20th August midnight GMT

4 Response to 'Crafty Friday'

  1. Becky Said,
    http://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2010/08/crafty-friday.html?showComment=1281704732296#c7863922031421441753'> 2:05 PM

    Ooh, might have a go at this recipe! My sister in law is a great gardner and always grows far too many courgettes, which I think I will use in place of the marrow - will let you know how it turns out! I have done a post on my blog about your Crafty Fridays and put a link back to this blog :)

     

  2. karen Said,
    http://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2010/08/crafty-friday.html?showComment=1281706831008#c2908961039094617822'> 2:40 PM

    Hi Anna,I have written a blog post about your giveaway and your Craftys Fridays.I won't be trying the chutney.I don't eat vegetables.YUCK!!!!!
    fingers and toes crossed I win.

     

  3. Jenny Said,
    http://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2010/08/crafty-friday.html?showComment=1281730996102#c1581891259013570601'> 9:23 PM

    Looks gorgeous, might have to try this! Thanks for sharing. xx

     

  4. Anonymous Said,
    http://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2010/08/crafty-friday.html?showComment=1281816082206#c8911778481485805378'> 9:01 PM

    your chutney looks lovely, what a great way to use up marrows,

    Please check my sons food blog if you get a moment,chefchrisjames.blogspot.com
    I apologise for his spelling in advance, xx